Thursday, February 12, 2015

Today, the students in Room 102 were bitten...

by the ACTING BUG!  

Since we have had SNOW every week and it seems like we are here a day, and then off a day, I am behind in my lessons.  I had planned on doing Readers' Theater this week as a bit of fun and fluency practice prior to vacation.  We didn't get started until today! So.... today we looked at a play and how to read it.  We focused on characters, setting, stage directions, and how a play gives clues for how lines should be read.  They LOVED it.  When I let them have a turn with the script, they were fighting over parts.  Boys read as girls and girls read boys' parts.  I am sharing a few pictures of the "actors" below.  They will be assigned roles after vacation and we will perform 2 plays in class.  After seeing them in action today, I am certain we have some future thespians in our midst.  

Clearly Richie does NOT have stage fright!  He loves the limelight! 

The groups read from a play called "Cinder Elly Plays Ball".
It is a modern day Cinderella story.

Axel was adamant he wanted to be the step mother, aptly named Meena!  

No comments:

Post a Comment