Monday, December 16, 2019

Bringing my Learning Back to the Classroom

Last week I went to a conference on Wednesday and Thursday on Guided Math. It was great. Besides feeling like my brain was going to explode after two full days of MATH MATH MATH, I learned so many new things. 
Image result for brain explode math
I told the students even TEACHERS are STUDENTS!   

Today we tried out a few new math games I learned and the class was so excited to play!  The picture below is my friends playing HEADS UP. In a group of three, one person deals the cards each turn and the two other players put their cards on their foreheads without looking at their card. 

The dealer then announces the PRODUCT of the two factors. The first person to say his/her factor wins both cards. The winner of the round gets to be the dealer next. 

So one person works on multiplication facts and the other two work on division or missing factors!  It's a WIN WIN WIN



No comments:

Post a Comment